MT. PLEASANT, Mich. -- Having set the new standard for capability, refinement, and innovation at its introduction earlier this year, the all-new 2019 GMC Sierra Denali is now beginning to make its way to dealerships and bolstering the GMC's position as the leading brand for premium truck buyers.
Distinguished by an iconic design and segment-leading technologies, the 2019 GMC Denali is the flagship of the next-gen Sierra line-up, which features a broader and bolder range of pick-up trucks including the AT4 and Elevation models.
“GMC ignited the premium truck market 17 years ago with the launch of the Sierra Denali and the next-generation model sets a new standard with unparalleled advancements and exclusive design,” says Rich Latek, marketing director of GMC. “It offers more upscale appointments, purposeful technologies, and capability - solidifying Denali as the ultimate in professional grade.”
In addition to its beastly good looks and premium features, the 2019 Denali raises the bar with ride and handling and performance technologies engineered to provide a seamless balance of comfort, control, and capability - including the new Adaptive Ride Control and the most powerful V-8 engine in its class.
The all-new 2019 Sierra Denali is offered as a crew cab with nearly 3-inches more of rear-seat legroom than its predecessor, as well as a roomier cabin trimmed with Denali-exclusive materials such as Forge leather-appointed seating, authentic open-pore wood trim, and dark-finish aluminum decor.
The 2019 Denali secures its place as the most premium Sierra ever made, featuring segment-leading technologies and exclusive features including:
- GMC Exclusive, Industry-first MultiPro Tailgate: The most innovative pickup tailgate ever. Featuring six unique functions and positions, as well as offering enhanced second-tier loading and load-stop solutions, a standing workstation and easier access to items in the box.
- GMC Exclusive, Industry-first Carbon Fiber Pickup Box: The CarbonPro offers best-in-class dent, scratch and corrosion resistance.
- All-new ProGrade Trailering System with in-vehicle Trailering App: A connected and comprehensive suite of trailering technology that offers more confidence and precision to the towing experience.
- Segment-first Multi-Color Head-Up Display: Projects key, customizable vehicle data on the windshield in a 3x7-inch display for added safety.
- Segment-first Rear Camera Mirror: Gives the driver the option of utilizes either an inside rearview mirror or a rearview camera mirror display that provides a wider, unobstructed view that can help overcome common visual obstructions such as occupants or cargo. On top of that, this technology features zoom and vertical tilt capability.
Other 2019 GMC Denali highlights (both standard and available) include:
- Denali-exclusive exterior elements, including a bright, multidimensional grille, chrome exterior accents, and body-color bumpers.
- New high-intensity LED headlamps that incorporate C-shaped "light blade" lighting elements, LED fog lamps and C-shaped LED elements within the taillights.
- Standard 20-inch aluminum wheels, and available 22-inch wheels.
- Integrated dual exhaust with bright polished outlets standard.
- Standard heated and ventilated front seats, heated rear outboard seat and heated, and leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- GMC Premium Infotainment System with 8-inch-diagonal HD color touchscreen, embedded navigation and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto phone projection compatibility.
- Customizable profiles that save each driver's personalized settings and presets, which are then stored in the cloud and can be accessed and used in other compatible 2019 GMCs.
RIDE AND HANDLING
The exclusive Adaptive Ride Control on the 2019 Sierra Denali offers premium ride comfort with overall improved road isolation and control than ever before. Utilizing real-time road monitoring and driver inputs when accelerating, cornering, braking, and trailering, the system's active dampers can be individually adjusted every 2 milliseconds.
On top of that, the all-new Traction Select System allows the driver to choose from preset drive modes, each tailored for different terrain and weather conditions like mud and snow, which then adjusts the 2019 Sierra's transmission shift points, throttle mapping, and StabiliTrak for optimal performance. The Traction Select System also operates with Adaptive Ride Control to further enhance the driving experience.
The available Traction Select System modes include:
- Tour: The default mode of operation at every time the driver fires up the truck. Designed to deliver the right blend of refinement and efficiency for everyday use.
- Sport: The transmission downshifts in order to keep the engine in its peak powerband, while power steering assist is slightly reduced to make the steering feel more direct, communicative and sporty.
- Snow: Available only on two-wheel-drive Sierras, this mode optimizes the vehicle's driveline for wintry weather. On top of leveraging the vehicle's standard Traction Control and StabiliTrak stability control systems, this mode also provides a slower, less sensitive accelerator pedal calibration.
- Off-Road: Designed for use for higher-speed driving on non-paved surfaces, this mode utilizes the same accelerator calibration as Snow Mode which gives the driver precise throttle control. Off-Road also incorporates StabiliTrak and traction control calibrations that allow for a little more wheel slip than on dry surfaces to aid in carrying momentum which is crucial in mud or gravel.
- Tow/Haul: Modifies the transmission calibration so that shift points are higher, allowing the engine to deliver peak power. It also initiates downshifts earlier in order to leverage engine braking and reduce wear on brake components. Tow/Haul also engages Grade Braking functionality so that on long, downhill stretches, a light touch of the brake pedal can initiate a downshift to slow the vehicle more efficiently.
Additionally, the standard Autotrac 2-Speed Transfer Case provides a mechanical low range for amplified torque at low speeds, while a new electro-hydraulic power brake boost system (rather than a vacuum-assist system) offers a strong, smooth, and consistent brake pedal feel with a loaded bed or while trailering.
THE MOST POWERFUL V-8 ENGINE
The available 6.2L V-8 engine on the 2019 Denali is the largest in the segment as well as the most powerful, rated at an SAE-certified 420 horsepower with 460 lb-ft of torque, and paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission.
Dynamic Fuel Management (DFM), an industry-first cylinder deactivation technology, enables the engine to operate in 17 different shift patterns between two to eight cylinders which, depending on demand, is designed to optimize fuel efficiency and power delivery.
Stay tuned for updates regarding the availability of the 2019 GMC Sierra Denali at Graff Mt. Pleasant!
At Hank Graff Mt. Pleasant we strive to provide our customers with a car buying experience that is accommodating, stress-free and fun! Visit us at our Chevrolet dealership located at 4580 E Pickard Rd in Mount Pleasant, Michigan 48858 or our Buick GMC Cadillac dealership located at 116 N. Mission St in Mount Pleasant, MI 48858.