MT. PLEASANT, Mich. -- The all-new 2019 Chevrolet Silverado introduces several levels of towing features to improve drivers' trailering experiences - all light-duty models feature myChevrolet trailering phone app capability with the available Advanced Trailering System, which includes in-vehicle access to the system.
Working in tandem with both of these technologies, the Trailering Camera Package provides a more comprehensive view of whatever you're towing. On top of that, Chevy has taken the guesswork out of calculating combined truck and trailer weight with an industry-first trailering label.
“Ultimately, these technologies serve to eliminate common pain points of towing and help provide customers with a less stressful experience while trailering,” said Tim Herrick, executive chief engineer, Full-Size Trucks, General Motors.
MYCHEVROLET APP TRAILERING FEATURES
All 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 models will come with select trailering features included in the myChevrolet app such as pre-departure towing checklists and a glossary of towing terms. Additionally, the myChevrolet app allows you to conduct trailer light tests and automatic exterior light sequences to aid in confirming proper trailer connection. This feature can also be activated via the Advanced Trailering System.
ADVANCED TRAILERING SYSTEM
If you tow often, the Advanced Trailering System on the 2019 Silverado makes it a more seamless process. It comes standard on the LTZ and High Country trim levels, and is available on the LT, RST, and Trail Boss trim levels.
- Auto Parking Brake Assist: If you've ever dealt with the frustration of perfectly aligning your truck and trailer hitch only to see your truck roll when you put it in park, then you will love this industry-first technology. Auto Parking Brake Assist sets automatically when Hitch View is activated to help avoid rolling when you've lined up your truck with the trailer then shift into park.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: Adding a dynamic backing guideline to the Rear Vision Camera, this feature aids in lining up the hitch to add precision and a visual cue to reduce alignment difficulty.
- Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System: This is an optional feature that can monitor the tire pressure of trailer tires using the infotainment system in your truck. On top of that, this also lets you monitor trailer tire temperature in order to prevent blowouts due to overheating. Requires optional equipment and dealer installation.
ADVANCED TRAILERING SYSTEM INFOTAINMENT APP
The available Advanced Trailering System features an infotainment app accessible from the dashboard, which allows you to track fuel mileage and transmission temperature of the truck while towing. Additionally, you can create up to five profiles, including guests, for different trailer types.
Brake gain memory works with the integrated Trailer Brake Controller, providing fingertip control of the trailer brakes and letting you set and save the controller's brake gain setting for each profile.
Another industry-first featured on the 2019 Chevy Silverado is Trailer Theft Alert, which can activate the truck's lights and horn if the trailer's harness is disconnected. If you're enrolled in the OnStar Safety & Security plan, you will also receive a theft alert through your preferred method of contact.
TRAILER CAMERA PACKAGE
All-new for 2019, this package enhances trailering views with three cameras that provide a 270-degree view including both sides and the rear. An optional fourth camera can also be mounted to the trailer itself for an even more improved view.
Not all trucks are created equal in terms of towing and hauling capacities, even if they're from the same manufacturer, and tends to vary widely from truck to truck making it difficult to calculate. To alleviate the frustration associated with guessing, Chevrolet has included a trailering label in the driver's side door jamb of every 2019 Silverado, which includes the information necessary to calculate your truck's exact capacities.
Information displayed on the label:
- Gross vehicle weight rating
- Gross combined weight rating
- Gross axle weight rating (rear)
- Maximum payload
- Maximum tongue weight
- Curb weight
Stay tuned for updates regarding the availability of the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado at Graff Mt. Pleasant!
At Hank Graff Mt. Pleasant we strive to provide our customers with a car buying experience that is accommodating, stress-free and fun! Visit us at our Chevrolet dealership located at 4580 E Pickard Rd in Mount Pleasant, Michigan 48858 or our Buick GMC Cadillac dealership located at 116 N. Mission St in Mount Pleasant, MI 48858.