MT. PLEASANT, Mich. – It’s getting around that time where we’re tired of winter and we’re dreaming of sunshine and warm weather. This is the time to start booking that summer vacation you’ve been looking forward to and we’re going to help you get the best bang for your buck. Here are the 7 saving tips for your vacation:
- Make a vacation fund and keep it separate from all your other funds. If you have a set amount you spend, you’re less likely to spend more if you keep your accounts separate.
- Sign up for email alerts from travel companies, such as airlines and hotels. Sometimes they send out flash sales where you can save a ton.
- Check out all-inclusive resorts. They may look like a lot more when you’re booking, but when you factor in food and all the amenities; you’re usually getting a great deal.
- See if your credit card has a reward system. For some cards you can earn points for money off hotels and flights.
- Research public transportation for your trip. Using the bus system is always much cheaper than grabbing a cab every time you need to go somewhere.
- Take a look at apartment and house rentals instead of hotels. Usually the prices are much better, and for a family trip renting one house is much better than booking several hotel rooms.
- Book a vacation with family and friends. The more people that go on the trip, the more the cost for everything is split up.
Websites: Chevrolet: HankGraffMtPleasant.com and Buick GMC Cadillac: GraffBGC.com
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, and YouTube