MT. PLEASANT, Mich. -- April showers, right? Or in Michigan's case lately, April snow showers. Either way, outdoor activities aren't exactly exciting options during this extra turbulent time of the season, but that doesn't mean there isn't fun to be had right in the comfort of your own home. For kids and adults, here are 5 fun activities for a rainy day indoors.
1. GOOD OL' NETFLIX
It's rainy. It's snowy. It's cold. What a perfect time to forget how dismal it is outside and catch up on your favorite shows inside! Grab some snacks and drinks, plop on the couch, and call upon your good friend Netflix. Rainy days create the perfect atmosphere for a horror flick scare-a-thon, or maybe you'll finally binge every episode of that one series everyone's been borderline spoiling on Facebook. If you have kids, you can never go wrong with Disney, and most of the movies double as a fun sing-a-long!
2. INDOOR EXERCISE ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
Kids have a ton of energy, and we all know a rainy day doesn't change that at all. Consider some of these fun and active to-dos for your cooped-up kiddos:
- Balloon Ping-Pong: This one doubles as a creative activity. Get a paper plate and tape a popsicle stick to the back, then get some crayons and let your kid customize their ping-pong paddle. Lastly, blow up a balloon and go nuts!
- Dance Party: Throw on some of your kids' favorite music and have a dance party. Mix it up: When the music stops, everyone has to freeze in place until it starts again. Or add a "follow the leader" aspect, switching up dance moves as you make your way around the house.
- Indoor Hopscotch: No really, just hear us out. Get some painter's tape and create a hopscotch grid on your kitchen or dining room floor. The good thing about painter's tape is it'll come off easily when you're done and it won't ruin your floor.
- Hallway Bowling: Fill up some of the plastic bottles from your recycle bin with water, set them up at the end of the hallway, and have at it with any ball you have.
3. HAVE A HOME SPA DAY
Turn a gloomy day into a relaxing one by just pampering yourself. Light some candles, burn some incense, draw yourself a hot bubble bath and kick back with your favorite music, a good book, or both. Be sure to add an exfoliating face mask to your experience, as those are super nice and relaxing as well.
4. GAMES THAT DON'T NEED ELECTRICITY
The downside of technology as a source of entertainment is if a storm knocks the power out, there goes your fun, and wireless devices only last so much longer before they must be charged. In the event of such an occurrence, here some fun games you can play on a rainy day indoors that don't require electricity.
- Pictionary: Draw a thing! Guess the thing!
- Shadow Puppet Theater: Prop up a flashlight to shine on a blank wall. Brainstorm a story and use your hands to make it come to life!
- Board Games: The classic activity that never fails.
- Improvised Poetry: One person says a line of poetry, and the next person must make up their own line that rhymes with it, and so on.
5. PLAN A VACATION
Why not beat the rainy day blues by planning a vacation? For real this time! Make a list of places you'd like to visit or ask your kids where they'd like to go. Research transportation, look at pictures read about fun stuff to do while you're there. And, while you're at it, schedule a service appointment with us to make sure your vehicle is at its best for this awesome road trip in the works.
Those are just 5 activities we recommend to spend a rainy day indoors. What do you like to do when the weather has you stuck inside? We at Graff Mt. Pleasant want to know! Your garage counts as "indoors" as well, why not also use the rainy day to rundown your Spring Car Care checklist? If you're thinking about getting an entirely new ride, take a look at what we have in stock and schedule a test drive!
At Hank Graff Mt. Pleasant we strive to provide our customers with a car buying experience that is accommodating, stress-free and fun! Visit us at our Chevrolet dealership located at 4580 E Pickard Rd in Mount Pleasant, Michigan 48858 or our Buick GMC Cadillac dealership located at 116 N. Mission St in Mount Pleasant, MI 48858.