MT. PLEASANT, Mich. -- Hurricane Florence, which made landfall in the Carolinas on September 14th, is reported to have caused an estimated $38 billion in property damage, making it the 6th costliest hurricane to have affected the United States to date. In the wake of the devastation, thousands of people are left to pick up the pieces and rebuild, but they won't have to go it completely alone.
In order to help customers in the area recover quickly, General Motors has mobilized all brands underneath its banner - including OnStar, GM Financial, Customer Sales, and Aftercare - to launch several special relief efforts.
These efforts include:
- Complementary Crisis Assist from OnStar to customers with properly equipped GM vehicles (2006 and newer) in affected areas. They are providing such emergency services as routing assistance, survival resource information, Hands-Free Calling minutes and 4G LTE Wi-Fi data via AT&T. On top of that, enrollment in OnStar is not required.
- GM Financial is assisting impacted customers with payment arrangements and waiving most related fees. Eligible customers who must replace a vehicle destroyed in the storm may qualify for a 90-day deferred first payment on a new vehicle.
- GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco is providing expedited delivery of service parts to help speed up vehicle repairs.
- New and used vehicles are being sent to the region to help meet expected replacement demand, including demand for pre-owned vehicles, courtesy transportation, and insurance rentals.
- Those replacing a vehicle damaged by the storm in the region are eligible for $1,000 in purchase assistance for almost all 2018 and 2019 models under the GM brand, in addition to other incentives such as GM's military and first responder discounts. Customers who are leasing are eligible for $500 lease allowance, on top of the aforementioned incentives.
- Residents of North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and Georgia must present an insurance claim form indicating vehicle damage as a result of Hurricane Florence. The offer is valid until the end of October, excludes select trim levels, and is not available with some other offers.
“The entire GM family of brands and services has come together to aid those experiencing the devastation caused by Hurricane Florence – this is personal for us as many of our families, friends, dealer partners, and employees are among those directly impacted,” says Alan Batey, president of GM North America.
At Hank Graff Mt. Pleasant we strive to provide our customers with a car buying experience that is accommodating, stress-free and fun! Visit us at our Chevrolet dealership located at 4580 E Pickard Rd in Mount Pleasant, Michigan 48858 or our Buick GMC Cadillac dealership located at 116 N. Mission St in Mount Pleasant, MI 48858.