Step 1: The Decorations
The first, and potentially most important step, is to plan out your decorations. Whether you're going for a truly spooky look or more of a family-friendly style, you'll want to make sure all of your decorations throughout your home match and fit the theme! Use a few of these tips to save yourself trouble while decorating:
- Decide on a Theme: What kind of get-together are you hosting? Harry Potter? Something spookier? Whatever you're doing, your theme will play a huge part in your decorations!
- Set the Scene: Keep in mind who's attending your Halloween party. If it's all adults, you can up the scare factor, but if you're hosting families, make sure it's not too scary!
- DIY: One of the most fun and creative ways to spruce up your home for Halloween is with DIY decorations. Create these fun and festive DIY decorations to save time and money this year. You can even get your kids to help you make them!
- Don't Forget the Front Porch: Give your guests a frightful introduction to your party by decorating your front porch and doorway. They'll be impressed from the moment they set foot in your driveway!
Step 2: The Food
Next, you'll want to prepare a few spooky snacks for your guests. While candy will certainly be on the menu in October, you'll want to make sure everyone is full and ready to take on the streets with snacks, entree dishes, and other tasty treats. Try these recipes to ease the stress of cooking this Halloween:
- Appetizers: Try a few of these Halloween appetizer recipes, like ghost bananas and Venus fly-trap apples to give your guests a spooky start to their holiday festivities at your party!
- Entree Dishes: Fill the stomachs of your partygoers with hot dog "fingers", "rat" spaghetti, or even spooky pizzas for a delicious burst of energy before trick-or-treating!
- Refreshments: For family-friendly refreshments, try making some spooky grave milkshakes, magic potion punch, or ogre eyes hot cocoa!
- Desserts: Kick up the fear factor with sweet treats like the ghostly s'more dip, Dracula dentures, or the creepily cute Jack-o-Lantern bowls!
Step 3: The Entertainment
No Halloween party is complete without some good old-fashioned fun and games! Bring some amazing and unique entertainment to life this year with music, games, contests, and more! You'll definitely want to give all of these suggestions a try at your next Halloween get-together:
- Host a Costume Contest: Make everyone dress their best for your party and put together a "panel" of judges to pick the best costume. The winner gets a prize!
- Pick a Great Halloween Playlist: You can't beat the music of Halloween. Create a Halloween playlist with everything from Monster Mash, to Thriller, and Ghostbusters this year!
- Plan Fun and Games: Plan a scavenger hunt, bob for apples, read fortunes, and paint faces for fun from dusk till dawn!
- Arts and Crafts: Hosting a party with younger guests? Set aside an arts and crafts table with a few projects and supplies that they can take home when the night has ended.
Now that you know how to plan the perfect Halloween party, your next event is sure to leave every one of your guests spooked and satisfied with their celebration. If you need help planning your next event, check out our Pinterest page for decorations, recipes, entertainment, and more year-round fun! Additionally, did you know that the changing weather of the fall can affect important components in your vehicle? Consult our Fall Car Care guide to learn about what components can be affected and how you can make sure they're ready to take on the colder weather. If you notice anything that may require attention, contact us and schedule a checkup right away! You'll be thankful you did once the snow starts to fall!
At Hank Graff Mt. Pleasant we strive to provide our customers with a car buying experience that is accommodating, stress-free and fun! Visit us at our Chevrolet dealership located at 4580 E Pickard Rd in Mount Pleasant, Michigan 48858 or our Buick GMC Cadillac dealership located at 116 N. Mission St in Mount Pleasant, MI 48858.
Websites: Chevrolet: HankGraffMtPleasant.com and Buick GMC Cadillac: GraffBGC.com
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, and YouTube